Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Painting Practice

I have been wanting to do more and more digital painting, especially with highly visible and expressive brush strokes. There's just something about painterly styles that I like. I think I'm still too much of a perfectionist to be effective with the style, as I tend to get overly concerned with small details and blending, but I would like to attempt it sometime.

When painting this apple, I did not zoom in much at all to work on details, so that is actually an improvement over my usual way of working. It turned out more photorealistic than I had anticipated, but I quite like this technique and think it is another one that I will continue to utilize.

I also used this as my fifth post on Art Jumble. The topic was stereotypes, and I gave my submission the title of "Apples are Red". I am so clever.

No comments: